Tees Active is a charitable leisure management organisation operating in the UK. Established as a non-profit-distributing company, it started operating on 1st May 2004.
It was set up with the intention of taking on the management of facilities provided by Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council and works very closely with the council as its main funding partner. However, as an independent organisation it is able to take on other projects with the aim of raising levels of physical activity in the community and providing an excellent management service.
We welcome almost 2 million visits per year and employ around 230 staff.
“To raise levels of physical activity and to offer a safe, attractive, welcoming and encouraging environment for people to achieve their own personal aims.”
Our Strategic Aims
We have seven key strategic aims that shape our service and our detailed business plans:
- To deliver a high quality, innovative, customer focused service.
- To maintain a high quality, sustainable stock of facilities.
- To ensure our service appeals to all aspects of our communities.
- To maintain a motivated, well-trained, focused and engaged workforce.
- To reduce the cost to our client authorities of operating the service.
- To expand our company reach.
- To achieve year on year increases in visitor numbers.
- Registered Office: Redheugh House, Thornaby Place, Thornaby, Stockton-on-Tees TS17 6SG
- Tees Active Ltd is a company registered in England
- Company Registration Number: 29699R
- VAT Registration Number: 830 0364 71