Visitor Guidelines & Policies
- Any child under the age of 8 years old regardless of their swimming abilityMUST be supervised in the water at all times by a responsible person. Supervision is on the ratio of ONE adult for every TWO children.
- Please inform the lifeguards if you have a medical condition that may compromise your safety or that of other swimmers before entering the pool.
- If you have experienced sickness or diarrhoea in the last 48 hours you should not enter the pool.
- Get to know the water depth and how/where the pool changes depth.
- Wear approved swimming aids such as armbands if you are a non-swimmer.
- Shower before you swim
- Follow the rules and obey Safety Notices and the Lifeguards
- Help us provide a safe environment for all swimmers
- Don’t leave children under the age of 8 years old alone in or around the water including the changing rooms.
- Don’t swim out of your depth. Weak and non-swimmers regardless of age are restricted to designated safe areas of the swimming pool. (Weak swimmers are those unable to swim one length of the main pool).
- Don’t swim straight after a meal or after drinking alcohol.
- Don’t fool about. Have fun but be aware the Horseplay, Ducking or Bombing can be dangerous.
- No face masks, snorkels, flippers or hand paddles during public swimming sessions.
- Appropriate swimwear must be worn at all times, it must provide appropriate cover and be suitable for swimming, shorts should have a mesh lining and be cut above the knee.
- Babies must wear a swim nappy (available for purchase from reception)
- Please follow the Swimming Etiquette information/guidelines displayed around the pool areas at all times.