Enquire about this course now!
This is a Nationally recognised qualification, the awarding body for The Royal Lifesaving Society is The institute of Qualified Lifeguards, which is recognised by Ofqual: (The Governments Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
100% attendance is required at all sessions. You must pass the continuous assessment by the trainer throughout the course to be eligible for the end-of-course assessment, which is completed by an external independent assessor sampling elements across the whole syllabus.
The Certificate issued is valid for 24 months from the date of the assessment. This can be renewed in the 23rd month, provided the candidate is working as a lifeguard and has continuous on-going training provided by an IQL approved training centre, such as Tees Active.
This qualification will teach you about your role as a lifeguard, where you work, and what to expect, including:
- Working effectively as a team
- Maintaining observation of a pool and users
- Water safety and the principles of early intervention and accident prevention
- The supervision of pool users
- Effective communication of pool users and other team members
- The ability to effect a prompt rescue
- Using a range of rescue equipment
- Entering the water safely, diving to the deepest part of the pool
- The ability to recover and land a pool user who is in difficulty
- The ability to perform all aspects of cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) including, the use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- The working environment
- Employer and Employee responsibilities
- Pool Safety Operating Procedures
- Induction in the workplace
- The Law
- The management of a spinal cord injury
For more information about this course or for future courses please contact Amanda Taylor or Phil Moody on 01642 528683.