At Tees Active, your privacy is our number one priority and we are fully committed to protecting your information at all times, in all situations. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data and tell you about your privacy rights, including how we collect data within any Tees Active venue, service or associated website.
1.1 WHO WE ARE?
Tees Active is a registered charity who manage a number of leisure facilities in Stockton-on-Tees. We work closely with Stockton Borough Council and aim to create accessible and affordable leisure opportunities within the local community. We aim to be fully transparent when we collect your data and do not do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
Developing a better understanding of our customers helps us to continually improve, make better decisions about the services and activities we offer, and ultimately, helps us to reach our goal of increasing physical activity in our area.
1.2 YOUR DATA
At Tees Active, your privacy is our number one priority and we are fully committed to protecting your information. Here we have outlined our data sharing practices and aim to answer some important questions in a way that is simple and easy to understand.
- What information we collect and why?
- How we store and process your data?
- How long we keep your information?
- Your rights.
Your personal data will never be sold on to other agencies or companies and we will never share your personal details with any other third party without your agreement, unless required in order to fulfil our contract with you.
1.3 WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
When we collect information about you we minimise what information we collect. We try to collect enough accurate and up to date information so that we can provide you with excellent customer service.
You give us your information in a number of ways, such as:
- When you book an activity over the phone, in person or online via our website.
- When you visit one of our websites.
- When you subscribe to one of our email newsletters.
- When you take out a Tees Active or Activ8 membership.
- When you submit a job application.
The information we hold about you may include:
- Your name
- Email address
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Billing/Transaction information*
- Activity/booking history
- Your preferences for how we communicate with you
*Though we maintain a record of your transaction history, we never store your payment card number (although we may keep a note of the last four digits to help us identify transactions).
1.4 HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
We will use your data to:
- Provide you with important information relating to your membership, activity booking or order.
- Tell you about events, special offers and promotions that we think may be of interest if you have opted in to receive marketing communications.
- Email you following a visit to our leisure centres to request feedback about your experience. Tees Active use the NPS platform to measure customer satisfaction to help us improve our facilities and services for customers.
- Create anonymous visitor statistics to understand and improve our services for its users. Your information will only be used in a broad sense and never will you be personally identifiable.
- Occasionally undertake customer research to help us understand how we can improve our services.
- Comply with any legal obligations we have.
We may contact our customers via post, email or telephone. If you wish to change your contact preferences at any time you can call us on 01642 528539 or email email@example.com.
1.5 HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR?
We try not to keep your data for any longer than it is needed and make sure your records are managed properly and deleted promptly once it is no longer required.
1.6 THIRD PARTIES
Your personal data will never be sold on to other agencies or companies.
We will not share your personal details with any other third parties without your agreement, unless required in order to fulfil our contract with you.
In general, the third party providers used by Tees Active will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. These providers include our online booking and membership provider, email distribution service and payment gateways. All of the third party providers we use are committed to ensuring their data is secure and used accordingly at all times and processed in compliance with the GDPR. We may need to disclose your details if required to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors.
When using our websites they may include links to third party websites such as booking platforms. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
1.7 MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS – GIVING YOU CONTROL
We will only send you information about events, promotions and up to date news stories if you have chosen to opt in to our email newsletter. Occasionally, we may include information in these communications for other relevant Tees Active products or services.
We will always include details of how you can unsubscribe at any time.
If you decide to stop receiving marketing communications, we may still get in touch with you regarding your booking or membership if any information will affect you.
1.8 STORING YOUR DATA
Our data processing is compliant under the new GDPR. Your data is always held securely and access to customer information is strictly controlled. Your electronic personal data will be held on a high security encrypted network and paperwork will be locked away securely. Where possible we aim to only keep a single record of each customer.
OUR WEBSITES AND YOUR DATA
2.1 WEBSITE COOKIES AND HOW THEY BENEFIT YOU
Our cookies help us to:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Collect any personally identifiable information
- Collect any sensitive information
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
2.3 SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES
So you can easily share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site. In this case, cookies may be set by individual social media platforms.
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
2.4 ANONYMOUS VISITOR STATISTICS AND OUR USE OF LOG FILES
When you visit our site we automatically log your IP address, your browser type and your access times. We utilise this information to conduct site performance evaluations, to see where visitors are coming from and to keep track of click stream data (the pages our users visit on our site). This data helps us to determine what content our members find most appealing so that we can maximize your enjoyment of the site. Log files are not tied to personally identifiable information.
We use Google Analytics to track usage across all of Tees Active’s websites.
2.5 TURNING COOKIES OFF
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of ours and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
2.6 LINKS TO OTHER SITES
2.7 OUR USE OF REMARKETING ADVERTS
3.1 LEGAL DISCLAIMER
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our website.
3.2 YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights related to your personal data:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used.
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request the erasure of your personal information in certain limited circumstances.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information where certain requirements are met.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information.
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications.
Please contact Tees Active via the methods below if you have any queries about the data we hold about you.
3.3 CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
3.4 CONTACT US
If you have any queries about Tees Active’s data handling processes, or if you wish to be removed from any communications:
- Email us:
- Phone us:
- 01642 528539
- Write to us:
- Tees Active Ltd, Thornaby Place, Thornaby, Stockton-on-Tees, TS17 6SG