Become a Member
There are lots of options available if you would like to become a member at Tees Active.
Whether you simply want to save a few £’s on your weekly leisure session or take advantage of an all inclusive fitness membership then we have something for you.
Tees Active’s Leisure Card is an excellent way to save money on leisure activities in our centres. The card is valid for a year from purchase and gives you various discounts on activities.
The following benefits are available to card holders:
• Discounted prices (ranging from 5% to 30%) for activities listed at participating centres.
• 8 days advance booking of facilities.
• Cards may be used as a deposit against equipment hire at participating centres.
• Free spectator entry to all participating centres.
In addition, Option 3 card holders are entitled up to a 50% discount on all identified activities at participating centres.
See Activity Prices page for Leisure Card prices.
Leisure Card Option 1
Available to residents & non residents of the Stockton Borough Council Area.
Leisure Card Option 2
Available to senior citizens over 60 years of age.
Leisure Card Option 3 – Free
Available to Stockton-on-Tees Borough residents who receive any of the benefits (listed below with proof needed to claim) on an individual basis.
- Income support – Notification letter of entitlement
- Pension credit – Notification letter of entitlement
- Working tax credit – Notification of entitlement
- Housing benefit – Notification of entitlement
- Employment and Support Allowance – Notification letter of entitlement
- Job seekers allowance – Job seekers allowance book/letter of entitlement
- Carers allowance – Notification of entitlement
- Council tax benefit – Calculated statement (not sole occupancy discount)
- Apprenticeship Scheme – Letter from employer or application stamped by employer, College or Training Unit.
- Not entitled to benefit (Individuals between the ages of 15 -18yrs who after leaving school do not go into further education or employment) – Application stamped by Careers Centre
- At school or college whose parents receive above benefits – Must show appropriate proof
- Employment training – Employers stamp or letter
- War disablement pension – Proof of entitlement from the appropriate body e.g. Department of Works and Pensions, local authority or Gov. Department
- Industrial injuries benefit -Proof of entitlement from the appropriate body e.g. Department of Works and Pensions, local authority or Gov. Department
- Disability living allowance – Proof of entitlement from the appropriate body e.g. Department of Works and Pensions, local authority or Gov. Department
- Attendance Allowance – Proof of entitlement from the appropriate body e.g. Department of Works and Pensions, local authority or Gov. Department
- Students in receipt of full-time education – Proof of full time education – i.e. enrolment forms. Student Union Cards are NOT accepted.
To apply for a Leisure Card simply pick up a leaflet at one of our centres and complete the application form and return to the centres’ Reception Team.
Activ8 Health & Fitness
Activ8 operate the health & fitness facilities within our centres. They take care of our gyms and fitness classes offering an excellent provision for keeping up a fit and healthy lifestyle! They offer a range of memberships including: annual, monthly, over 55s, student, teen and pay as you go.
Some of their memberships include access to our swimming pools and Privilege memberships grant you discount to on ot