Fantastic swimming facilities at Tees Active venues
If you love swimming, then why not head to one of our swimming pools? Each venue has a varied swimming pool timetable which caters for all ages and abilities. Our 5-4-3 offer now also has extended hours. Buy 3 swims and get 2 free Monday – Friday 9:00am – 4:00pm!!
If you’re looking for a fun time in the water then Splash is an ideal place to visit. With its wave machine & flumes, baby pool and jacuzzi it’s sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Billingham Forum’s pool is situated within a large bright area that is perfect for general swimming. A section of the Forum’s pool has a revoluitonary moveable floor which means that the depth of the pool can be adjusted to suit a variety of water based actvivities such as aqua aerobics and diving.
Thornaby Pool offers a 25m swimming pool that is a hit with our serious swimmers. The pool is perfect for those who enjoy a quiet midweek swim, however the pool comes to life on evenings and weekends where children can enjoy fun floats sessions or ‘Aqua Run’ inflatable parties.
The Swan Centre in Berwick, has a large pool area that is great for locals and visitors alike! There’s lots to keep swimmers busy whether you simply want to swim lengths or perhaps you’d like to make a big splash at our dedicated fun sessions!
Learn to Swim is an ‘all inclusive programme’ which takes the non-swimmer from his or her first splash to developing confidence and competence in the water. You can learn to swim in any of our swimming pools.
We also offer Learn to Swim sessions for adults that would like to improve their stroke or even just build up their confidence in the water.
For further information please contact email@example.com
- Any child under the age of 8 years old regardless of their swimming ability MUST be supervised in the water at all times by a responsible person. Supervision is on the ratio of ONE adult for every TWO children.
- Please inform the lifeguards if you have a medical condition that may compromise your safety or that of other swimmers before entering the pool.
- If you have experienced sickness or diarrhoea in the last 48 hours you should not enter the pool.
- Get to know the water depth and how/where the pool changes depth.
- Wear approved swimming aids such as armbands if you are a non-swimmer.
- Shower before you swim
- Follow the rules and obey Safety Notices and the Lifeguards
- Help us provide a safe environment for all swimmers
- Don’t leave children under the age of 8 years old alone in or around the water including the changing rooms.
- Don’t swim out of your depth. Weak and non-swimmers regardless of age are restricted to designated safe areas of the swimming pool. (Weak swimmers are those unable to swim one length of the main pool).
- Don’t swim straight after a meal or after drinking alcohol.
- Don’t fool about. Have fun but be aware the Horseplay, Ducking or Bombing can be dangerous.
- No face masks, snorkels, flippers or hand paddles during public swimming sessions.
- Appropriate swimwear must be worn at all times, it must provide appropriate cover and be suitable for swimming, shorts should have a mesh lining and be cut above the knee.
- Babies must wear a swim nappy (available for purchase from reception)
- Please follow the Swimming Etiquette information/guidelines displayed around the pool areas at all times.